Your Ad Here
 

Monday, October 1, 2007

Post Weekend Analysis.

This is one of the few times you'll ever hear me say I wish I was wrong.

I knew the Texans would struggle against the Falcons without a few of their starters. I just didn't know it be this bad. 26-16 to the Falcons?!? The lowly Falcons, the Falcons that have been run over by a car, barely breathing life (by the way, that "car" is Joey Harrington). Only thing is, this time that car swerved and missed the Falcons, instead hitting a big 'ol bull in the middle of the road. Yes, that's right. Joey Harrington picked apart the Texans defense. Now let's move this aside and pretend I never had to utter those sickening words.

I was wrong on one thing though, and that was the NCAA rankings. The polls surprised me in a good way. I was glad to see teams like South Florida and Kentucky rewarded. Speaking of Kentucky, my pick for Heisman right now is Andre Woodson. Sure, he threw an interception (finally!) in this weekends win, but the guy has been looking mighty impressive.

Trent Edwards, Marshawn Lynch, Adrian Peterson, and Amobi Okoye all played great games this week. That's right, I called it in my Rookie Watch! But Brandon Jackson? I think I'll keep my hand down for calling that one. Yikes.

My prediction for tonight is New England over Cincinnati. New England has looked unstoppable, with the Brady/Moss Express looking unstoppable. Cincinnati's defense has looked absolutely hideous, just like Britney Spears at every award show! (Ouch, sorry Britney. I hope K-Fed can take care of your kids.) They gave up 51 points to the Browns just two weeks ago. New England>Cleveland, although Cleveland did look impressive against Baltimore. I'm looking for Moss to catch 1 TD pass and Brady to throw 1 additional TD in a 27-18 victory.

A note for all fantasy players: The Cadillac has shut down. That's right, Carnell Williams is out for the year with a torn ACL. Don't pick up Michael Pittman...he's not worth the trouble.

To end, I'd like to name my college and pro football players of the week.
College:
Gold Medal-Andre Woodson QB KENTUCKY
Silver Medal-DeSean Jackson WR CALIFORNIA
Bronze Medal-Darren McFadden RB ARKANSAS
Worst of the Week-Pat White QB WEST VIRGINIA

NFL:
Gold Medal-Tony Romo QB Dallas
Silver Medal-Osi Umenyiora DE New York Giants (6 SACKS!)
Bronze Medal-Breat Favre QB Green Bay
The "Rex Grossman" Award-Brian Griese QB Chicago (How ironic.)

Good night everyone, I'm out like Norv Turner!

No comments: